The 1901 Andrew Carnegie Free Library & Music Hall (ACFL&MH) sits graciously on a hill above Carnegie’s Main Street. The facility houses a fine regional library, an acoustically excellent music hall, studios, a lovely reception hall, and—a true national treasure—its Civil War Room. The Thomas Espy Post of the Grand Army of the Republic is one of the seven or eight most intact G.A.R. post in the country.
The historic landmark ACFL&MH is one of only four libraries in the United States endowed by famed industrialist and philanthropist, Andrew Carnegie. (Braddock, Homestead and Duquesne – the last, sadly demolished – where Carnegie had steel mills, are the others.) In the early 1890s, the leaders of what were then Chartiers and Mansfield approached Mr. Carnegie and offered to merge into a new town in return for a library. The borough of Carnegie incorporated in 1894. Ground was broken for the Library in 1899. The ACFL&MH opened its doors in May 1901 and has been proudly serving its community ever since.
The ACFL&MH is located at:
300 Beechwood Avenue
Carnegie, PA 15106
The ACFL&MH has an ADA-accessible entrance on the ground floor and an elevator which stops at the ground floor, first floor for access to the lobby and main floor seating, and the second floor for access to the Lincoln Gallery and balcony.
Most of the Pittsburgh Savoyards’ shows provide supertitles above the stage for patrons who are hearing-impaired; our Thursday shows generally have full dialogue and lyrics supertitled (other shows display supertitles for song lyrics only).
For more information about accessibility, please contact our Accessibility Coordinator.
Parking and Shuttle
Once you’re there, the easiest place to park is in the public lot at E Main St & Pine St. A free shuttle runs continuously from there to the front door of the venue, starting one hour before curtain. Parking is free after 6pm and all day on Sunday.